Website Jo Castillo Art




Back to my website:

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Painting Neutrals, Photos and Art Walk New Braunfels

Tuesday was painting class with Enid Wood.  enidwood.com We were painting neutrals which for me is just a bit difficult.  I think it is for Enid, too. She paints beautiful, colorful paintings.   We had a good time and I like the painting I started.

This was the underpainting with a bit of pastel over the watercolor.  You can see the drips in gray.


This is 9 x 12 on Colourfix sanded paper.  The paper was a pale yellow and the sky is mostly the color of the paper with a bit of pastel added on.  I started with a watercolor underpainting  The dark is probably a bit too dark and I have toned that down a bit working on it today.  You can see with that how neutral colors make the bright colors really pop and stand out.  I will post the finish.

I tried out my new camera.  It seems to work very well.  These are mostly from our walk this morning.








* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

For my art link, there is an Art Walk in New Braunfels this weekend with several of the Austin Pastel Society members involved.  If you are down that way, it looks like fun:


Phone 830-221-7676 and the
Art League Gallery is at
239 W San Antonio St, New Braunfels, TX 78130
(830) 629-8022
http://www.newbraunfelsartleague.org/

4 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Great start to your painting! I like it already. I haven't hit a lick all week - been running a fever and feeling lousy. It perks me up to see you painting.

Jo Castillo said...

Bag Blog, ah, well. Can't be productive when you don't feel well. This wind is a bit depressing. It's been cooler, but I still don't like the wind. At least we don't have as much dust here as in New Mexico and Lubbock. Ha.

Joanna said...

Great photos. I think you did well on the new camera acquisition.

Jo Castillo said...

Thanks, Joanna. The camera is much easier to use as far as settings go. It is a bit larger, but does seem to really zoom well.


About Me

My photo
Bastrop, Texas, United States
I Grew up in a small town , Magdalena, New Mexico. I enjoy art and the pleasure other people get from my work. I always donate some of my sales and art to charities, especially for children. That started in Bolivia with Para los Niños. "I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colors. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns." -- Winston Churchill

Labels

#inktober (48) #inktober2019 (27) #inktober2023 (20) #inktober21 (11) abstract (1) Acrylic Paintings (75) Arizona (3) Art House Project (14) artist (88) artist blogger (356) artist blogger  instruction (3) artist blogger  instruction (20) artist blogger  instruction (17) artist blogger instruction (40) artist friend (7) at (1) Balloons (1) Baseball (206) Bastrop Sketchers (11) Bastrop TX (34) Bolivia (5) Calendar (1) Canada (3) Challenge (5) Charity Events (74) chile (4) classes (3) coaster sketch (9) colored pencil (58) computer art (5) DailyPaintworks Auction (3) demo video (4) Digital Painting (14) doodle (1) dphotos (1) exhibit (155) Figure (4) Fine Art Friends (3) Floweb browsing (1) Flowers (33) food (10) Footwork (1) fused glass (3) Gallery (3) gluten free (5) Golden Open paints (2) Golf (12) House Concert (1) iMac Sketch (1) Inktense (2) inst (1) instruction (75) iPad Sketch (90) iPad sketches (102) iph (1) iPhone painting (3) iPhone sketch (24) jo (1) Jo's Notion (9) Jo's Thoughts (298) Joanna (2) Joodles (2) Landscapes (137) Marines (29) marketing (3) meme (6) Music (68) New Mexico (130) Nonsense (2) Oil Painting (72) Oil Pastel (1) painting buddies (1) PanPastel works (3) Pastel (29) Pastel Demo (60) Pastel Paintings (408) pastel sketch (129) Pastels (12) pears (3) Peru (1) Photo (83) photography (1) Photos (972) Plein air painting (56) podcast (1) poll (1) pottery (2) Powwow (3) Recipe (6) restaurants (6) scenery (17) Sculptor (7) sculpture (4) seascape (2) sketch (4) Sketches (1792) snow (2) Still Life (36) Stu (1) Studio (26) Texas (70) Trees (36) tribute (5) under painting (1) Unsorted (7) videos (4) watercolor (178) watercolors (12) web browsing (262) web page (11) wetcanvas (1) WIP work in progress (15) workshop (8) World Blog Hop (2) Yesterfest (2) zentangle (2)